Lions and tigers and beers! Oh my!
Potter Park Zoo in Lansing, MI was the spot for lovers of zoo animals, craft beer, and delicious food. The zoo held a “casual after hour bash” on Thursday, May 16 from 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm.
The rain held off and a couple thousand people came out to explore the zoo’s exhibits, see the animals before they went to bed, and talk with old and new friends.
Attendees were able to sample beer, wine, and spirits from almost twenty different locations, including:
- American Fifth Spirits (Lansing)
- Atwater Brewery (Detroit)
- Burgdorf’s Winery (Haslett)
- Cascade Winery (Grand Rapids)
- Chateau Chantal (Traverse City)
- Dan Henry Distributing Company (Lansing)
- Dragonmead Microbrewery (Warren)
- EagleMonk Pub & Brewery (Lansing)
- Ellison Brewery + Spirits (East Lansing)
- Fenn Valley Vineyards (Fennville)
- Founders Brewing (Grand Rapids)
- Lansing Brewing Company (Lansing)
- Looking Glass Brewing Company (DeWitt)
- Lucky Girl Brewing Co. (Paw Paw)
- Old Nation Brewery (Williamston)
- Red Cedar Spirits (East Lansing)
- Saugatuck Brewing Company (Saugatuck)
- Uncle John’s Hard Cider (St. Johns)
- West Side Beer Distributing (various MI locations)
I stuck with the beer throughout the night, but I overheard plenty of people raving about the wineries, spirits, and bountiful cider selections. I was unable to select one favorite brew, but I could narrow it down to two.
- Bake N’ Cakes
- Mama Lugo’s LLC
- McAlister’s Deli
- MSU Dairy Store
- Pizza House
- Starbucks Coffee
- Texas Roadhouse
- Zoup! Downtown Lansing
The lines for hors d’oeuvre samples were quite long, so I was glad I had dinner prior to the event. Pizza House was able to provide me with a quick snack of their delicious pizza when I needed to refuel after a bit of drinking. Their team were quick with restocking the pizza selection and serving up the slices.
Overall, Potter Park Zoo’s Wine & Stein was an excellent excuse to get out and about on a Thursday night and drink while hanging out with zoo animals. I’m looking forward to seeing this event continue to grow. If you’re in the Lansing area the next time this event happens, check it out!
One thought on “Potter Park Zoo Wine & Stein – 2019”
Sounds like it was awesome! I will have to check it out next year and try a few of those beers soon! ? ?