See a full written recap of this audio here from Ed of Better on Draft.
Dayne Bartscht, the Managing Partner of Eastern Market Brewing Co, put together a panel to discuss diversity, inclusion, and equity this evening. He was also the moderator who asked questions posed to Eastern Market Brewing Co on social media, his own wonderings, and from the audience. The panel included:
- Harry Weaver, founder of the Brewz Brothaz podcast
- Sasha Womble, member of the Brewz Brothaz podcast
- Eric Plata, headbrewer of DeHops Brewing Company and Café (Walker)
- Rachel Szlaga, owner of Brewery Faisan (Detroit)
- Jasmine Hairston, program specialist at Eastern Michigan University and beertender at Eastern Market Brewing Company
The panel discussed a tons of topics including their first craft beers, how “craft beer” has changed over the years, the economics of beer, and how to be more inclusive to ALL types of people that enter a brewery or attend an event.
The event gets cut off near the end due to unforseen circumstances but a good portion of it has been saved and recorded.