This weekend was supposed to be beer-palooza in the state of Michigan.
The World Expo of Beer was to be taking place in Frankenmuth, and the first annual Michigan Brewers Guild Spring Beer Festival was supposed to be taking place in Traverse City. As of the writing of this blog post, the World Expo of Beer has been postponed until October 2-3, 2020 and the Traverse City fest was canceled.
With my weekend wide open and beer fest-less, I am going to take matters into my own hands with the first annual Spring Clean 15 Festival of Beers.
As the title suggests, I’m attempting to do a bit of spring cleaning in my beer cellar. I picked through the beers last night and found 15 that I had never had before. I also tried to vary the locations of the breweries.
With a beer festival theme, I’m going to be sampling 5 oz of five of the beers per day for three days. I’m taking on the “it’s a marathon, not a sprint” mindset in regards to this festival.
Check out the beers that I will be sampling from. Each day’s beers are in alphabetical order by beer name:
- Baba Yaga IPA – Brooks Brewing – Shelby Charter Twp
- Bad Acid – Rake Beer Project – Muskegon
- Bean Ball Blonde – The Mitten Brewing Co – Grand Rapids
- Rascal – North Peak Brewing Company – Traverse City
- Revitalization – Exferimentation Brewing Company – Pontiac
- Hello Tasty – Short’s Brewing Company – Bellaire
- Hyrrokin – Jolly Pumpkin – Dexter
- Ninja Turtle Milkshake Stout – Rochester Mills Beer Co – Rochester
- Sweet Potato Souffle Rye Ale – Odd Side Ales – Grand Haven
- Urbanization – Speciation Artisan Ales & City Built Brewing Company – Grand Rapids
- BBA Stolen Souls – Vanilla – Block Brewing Company – Howell
- Happy Guy – North Pier Brewing Company – Benton Harbor
- Morning Glow – Arvon Brewing Co – Grandville
- Pivot Point – barrel + beam – Marquette
- Whiled Away IPA – Stormcloud Brewing Company – Frankfort
I’m looking forward to trying each of the 15 beers, and, perhaps, finding a new favorite!